Thursday 12 August 2021

Cross country training

 Panting, gasping for breath, my legs were on fire, a waterfall of sweat dripping down my face. "Me haere, me haere!" I said to myself, I pushed through the exhaustion with my first lap done. I ran down the ditch falling over half through the steep part recovering only just. The air felt heavy, almost like a truck was on my back.

I got around Koka Pip, she said "keep running", it was intense, I couldn't hear anything else except my own thoughts. Coming around Koka Rozie for the second time "home stretch" she said. I zoomed down the ditch, not falling this time.

I was coming through the bollards, I shot off like a racecar "YES! YES!YES!" I'm finally done. I fell to the ground, it felt like I had jumped in a volcano, getting harder and harder to breath. A wave of relief rolled over me I layed and waited for everyone else to finish.  

    

  

4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Max, I liked how you used some maori words in your blog post. I also like how you said there was a waterfall of sweat dripping down your face. It really sounded intense. From Rori

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this blog post Max. "Panting, gasping for breath, my legs were on fire, a waterfall of sweat dripping down my face..." Such a dramatic description, really illustrates how you feeling. I'm also super impressed with your use of punctuation, for example your commas and speech marks, as well as your inclusion of this weeks focus te reo. Super high quality blog, keep it up Max!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Max. I like how you were very dramatic with your describing words. You made me feel like I was running the course. There is only one thing wrong race car is spelt with a space. Do you like cross country practice? From Charlotte.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi max, I like how you used maori words and how intense you made it sound. I don't think you need to improve on much except for more writing. This reminded me of how frustrating cross country training was. Reef

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about